The primary mission of the university is to expand the frontiers of human knowledge through provision of excellent conditions for learning and research while the other important aspects of the mission include:
- to produce graduates who would be worthy in character and sound judgment.
- to provide excellent instructions, conduct relevant research and foster community engagement that produce highly competent graduates necessary for the development of country.
- to bridge the gap between academic knowledge and professional skill.
- to create adequate academic and physical infrastructure for high level performance.
- to create adequate student support service for effective prosecution of their studies.
- to build institutional networking for knowledge sharing.